Having a Humanist wedding ceremony or renewal-of-vows gives you, the couple, the opportunity to have the style of ceremony that you want in your chosen location. Whether indoors or outdoors every Humanist wedding is a unique event carefully crafted just for you on your special day.
How does it work?
I will meet with you to discuss your wedding ceremony the things you want (and the things you don’t!). We can look at any symbolic actions and rituals that you would like to include such as hand fasting, ring warming and sand/spice blending, as well as readings, poetry, involvement of family and friends and, of course, the wedding vows. Together we will design a ceremony that is right for you.
What can we expect?
- The initial visit to discuss the ceremony (your ideas, rituals, vows, readings etc.)
- Preparing a draft ceremony
- Editing and revision of ceremony
- A rehearsal of the ceremony (prior to the day)
- Leading the Wedding Ceremony
- A symbolic certificate
- A presentation copy of the Wedding Ceremony (a pdf will also be available)
The list above is for weddings. (Renewal-of-vows are similar but may not include certificate, rituals and rehearsal).
How do we book?
E-mail me (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your chosen date, the venue (if you have decided) and I will confirm my availability, we can then arrange the initial meeting.
Simon Bull, Celebrant