Plan Ahead! Do It Your Way! Have The Last laugh! Have Peace Of Mind!
The reasons people I’ve worked with have said they wanted to arrange their own funeral ceremony:
- To make things easier for those closest to them.
- To give their family a meaningful funeral.
- There are things they’d like to say to their family & friends.
- It makes them happy to know that certain music will be played and other personal wishes are included.
- They have no one close who would be able to organise it.
- The satisfaction of having their affairs in order at the end of life.
- Planning for their death makes them appreciate life more.
- To live life to the full, knowing they are prepared.
You don’t need to wait until you have been diagnosed with a terminal illness or nearing the end of life to think about planning your funeral. You might want to begin asking questions about the things you’re unsure of and making your wishes known early so that they can be carried out after you die.
Please get in touch if you would like to discuss plans for your own funeral ceremony.
Ways in which I can help:
- Consultation by phone, email or face to face.
- Working with you to create your ceremony.
- Helping with choices of venue, music, readings, and other elements.
- Supporting you to write your life story or a letter to your family and friends.
- Supporting your family and friends to be included.
- Reading your words at your ceremony.
- Conducting a ceremony based on your wishes.
Pre-planned ceremonies, readings, photographs etc can be stored with Humanist Ceremonies for safekeeping until needed. If when the time comes, I’m no longer around, another Humanist Ceremonies accredited celebrant could take my place.
FREE Consultation –Ask anything you need to know. If you are thinking ahead about your own funeral or a ceremony for a loved one who is ill. Please get in touch at any time. I’m happy to answer any questions and give information and advice with no obligation to book me.
Meeting to discuss your plans – I would call round to your house or meet you somewhere convenient to you, to answer your questions and share ideas with you, take notes and store them at your request until needed – £50
Writing a tribute – To write your life story/ tribute /eulogy or help you to do this, there would be an additional cost of – £100
Creating the whole funeral ceremony with and for you and storing it with Humanist Ceremonies until needed – £160
Conducting your ceremony when the time comes – This wouldn’t be charged until the time of conducting the ceremony and would vary depending on how much work there was to do with family and friends for them to be included. £100 – £200
If you would like to have two events on the day, maybe a Farewell/Committal Ceremony in the crematorium and a Celebration of Life/Memorial at another venue, there may be an additional charge if extra preparation and time is involved.
Travel outside the York area could also incur some cost to cover expenses.