CREATING A ‘NAMING’ ‘WELCOMING’ ‘ADOPTION’ ‘FAMILY’ CEREMONY
Get in Touch- Contact me by email, phone or text to check I’m available for your chosen date.
FREE Consultation – Please get in touch at any time and ask anything you need to know. I’m happy to answer any questions and give information and advice with no obligation to book me. I can send suggestions of things to think about before we meet.
FREE Initial Meeting – I suggest that we meet so that you can tell me about your hopes, plans and ideas. I can answer your questions and discuss my thoughts. I offer this initial meeting free of charge and without any obligation to hire me because I believe it’s very important for you both to feel comfortable with your choice of Celebrant.
Making a Booking – After the phone call, emails or meeting when you’ve had chance to go away and think and talk about things, if you decide you would like me to work with you, we would sign a contract together and you would pay a deposit to book me for your chosen date. See Cost below
Meetings and Communication – We would ideally have at least one meeting to plan what you would like to be included in the ceremony. (Having said that, if meeting up is difficult/impossible we can create the ceremony by email/phone/skype)
Creating the Ceremony – I am very flexible re structure, content and practicalities of ceremonies. I can give you as much help as you’d like in writing the script. I can do the whole thing under your instruction with you checking and editing each draft until you’re happy. Or you can do the writing with my support and input …. or anything in between. Whatever works best for you. I have lots of sample ceremonies and examples of words, readings and symbolic actions etc which I can share with you.
Conducting the Ceremony – I will lead the ceremony, overseeing agreed content and timings;
- Be at the venue early to make sure all is prepared and make any last minute changes if needed.
- Speak to contributors to make sure they are prepared and know their cues.
- Stand in for speakers if they are unable to speak on the day.
- Introduce the ceremony.
- Say a little about Humanism and why you have chosen a Humanist Ceremony.
- Speak to your guests on your behalf – saying the words already chosen and prepared.
- Read appropriate poetry and prose or introduce others to do this.
- Lead the promises – parents/supporting adults.
- Lead the formal naming.
- Lead actions to involve children and other family & friends (see Things to Consider)
- Close the ceremony.
Certificates – I can supply personal naming certificates for your child/children/supporting adults
Presentation Script – I will supply a presentation copy of the ceremony for you to keep.
Cost – My fee is £250 which includes meetings, communication, conducting the ceremony, a total of 50 miles of travel, certificates and presentation script. Extra mileage is charged @ 45p per mile.