‘Namings’ are a wonderfully flexible way to welcome a new family member with a ceremony tailored to your circumstances and priorities. With a Humanist Ceremony you can celebrate one of life’s major events in a meaningful and personal way, amongst family and friends.
- It might be a new baby but there is no rush, it might be timed for your child’s birthday
- It might be to welcome an adopted child or to combine existing families
- It might be an occasion when the extended family or friends are going to be with you
- The ceremony can be for all your children
- The ceremony can take place anywhere inside or out and can be a relaxed and lively occasion
- Siblings, grandparents and friends can all be involved
- You can make a public commitment to your children in your own words
- You can ask family or friends to stand as Guideparents or Mentors, to offer a similar support as Godparents but without the religious responsibilities
Please do contact me to discuss possibilities for a Namings ceremony, I am happy to discuss the general format of ceremonies with you to see what would suit you best and can travel anywhere within reasonable driving distance of Cambridge. It’s fine to contact me in the evenings and weekends on 07980 303519 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To read more about these ceremonies or watch an example video follow this link.
Some recent feedback includes: “We love what you’ve written and the promises are exactly what we were looking for.”
“Thank you so much for yesterday it was exactly what we wanted and hoped for. The rest of the day was lovely and everyone had a great time.”