The process can vary but might be something like this:
An initial meeting to agree I am the right celebrant for you. This might be face to face if local, or by phone or Skype etc. This might be a year before the wedding itself. A booking deposit is taken.
I will send you a pack with our agreement, and there will be things for you to think about, some questions for you each to answer.
We work together:
An in-depth planning and development session, where all ideas are explored and the ceremony considered in detail, together. Alternative approaches considered, challenges addressed. This will include consideration of how to use the location, words, music, wet weather plan, all the details.
I write the draft ceremony in full, delivered in return for 50% fee payment.
On site at the location if possible, and the remaining 50% fee is paid.
Your Wedding Ceremony:
Is delivered on the day. You receive a presentation copy afterwards.
I start from a basic wedding as outlined, which is £500 – with additional expenses for travel and further meetings or extensive modifications to script etc.
A ceremony might be like this:
No two are the same, but we might start with something like this and develop from it together:
- Guests gather, music – live or recorded, then I might settle them, prepare them for their role – get them focussed.
- Entry of the couple, and key players in the ceremony – we will stage manage this for effect, use chosen music, the location, create a powerful emotional moment.
- Why we are here, what this day means to you both, what the guests mean to you, why a humanist ceremony, etc.
- The story of how you met and your relationship, woven in with carefully considered readings from family & friends.
- Your own unique personal statements. These will be deeply moving, authentic declarations of your feelings, commitments and hopes for each other and your future lives together. I will help each of you craft these.
- We may have vows for the audience too!
- Rings will be exchanged, perhaps we will have other symbolic acts, and formal wedding vows.
- There may be a specially created certificate to sign, and meanwhile another reading
- There will be a celebratory climax to the ceremony.