‘Sophie made our Baby Naming Day one of the most special days of our lives! She is quirky, charismatic and professional in equal measure, we cannot recommend her highly enough.’ Sharon and Mark, April 2018
Naming Ceremonies can be such a wonderful way to mark a new life, a new name, or a new beginning. They’re perfect for welcoming a child or children into your family and wider community, whether that be by birth, adoption, or the blending of families. They are also perfect for trans and non-binary people who wish to receive name affirmation.
A naming ceremony is unique and personal to the children, adults, and families involved and they are free to share as much or as little of their lives and journeys as they want to. Stories that I have been gifted with so far have included IVF journeys, bone marrow donations via the Anthony Nolan charity, the wonderful love and support of older siblings, spectacular helicopter wees that have gone everywhere, and an impressively diverse array of inspiration behind name choices!
It can be really special to include personal promises made by guide parents too who often feature in children’s naming ceremonies. These special adults are also sometimes known as mentors, guardians, odd parents, fairy godmothers, or even ‘sparents’!
‘Sophie was absolutely incredible, she had our family and friends in tears as she warmly shared how we became a family through adoption. Our day couldn’t have been more perfect, she is such a kind person who is clearly very passionate about what she does.’ October 2019
Please get in contact if you would like to find out more. I offer a complimentary no-obligation telephone/ Skype/ WhatsApp call. I’m based in South Liverpool and can recommend a number of Merseyside venues, if required.
My fees for naming ceremonies for babies and children range from £275-£375, depending on the content/participants involved in the ceremony and the location.
I offer a discounted price for naming ceremonies for trans and non-binary people who’d like to receive name affirmation; fees range from £100-£150, depending on the location.
Finally, some families do and may be faced with marking the name of their child even before their loved one has had the chance to live. There is no charge for conducting naming ceremonies in these tragic circumstances.
Your quoted fee will cover all of the following:
- A planning meeting at your home around six weeks before the ceremony to make sure the script is unique and personal to you;
- Sharing of recommended readings, promises, and wording for you to consider;
- 100% bespoke script; strictly no copying and pasting involved;
- Unlimited contact via email to work towards editing your script until you’re completely happy with it;
- A copy of the final draft for you to create your own keepsake;
- An optional certificate for you/ special guests to sign;
- Use of a mic and portable PA system on the day (if required);
- All associated travel costs from South Liverpool to planning meetings and the ceremony itself;
- And, of course, a confident and warm celebrant-led ceremony on the day itself!
‘Thank you Sophie for the most wonderful naming celebration for our daughter, Norah. Sophie is fun, creative, professional and added that little something special to our day. She’s laid back and yet gets the job done without delay!’ Norah’s Mum and Dad, September 2018
For your reassurance, I am fully accredited by Humanist Ceremonies™ and covered by Humanists UK’s Public Liability and Professional Indemnity Insurance.