Indoors, Outdoors, the Possibilities are Endless!
While some of the features of a humanist wedding ceremony might be familiar to you, there are so many ways you can choose to tailor your celebration to suit your style.
Elements of a Ceremony
- Arrival of the couple – Together? Individually? Accompanied by your best friend? On horseback?
- Introductions and welcomes
- Words about love and commitment –what it means to YOU
- Readings/poems –I have loads of ideas for these- have as many as you like! Great way to involve family and friends
- Music-for entry and exit? To listen to as a reflection? Communal singing? Karaoke? Live ?
- The couple’s story – how you met, values, hopes for the future
- Asking guests for encouragement –so important to share the importance of the ceremony
- The couple’s promises – we’ll write them together. Or maybe you’d like to surprise your other half on the day?
- Meaningful symbolic acts – hand-fasting? ring warming? sand blending? cocktail making? loving cup? memory box? something devised just for you?
- Exchange of rings – or flowers/gifts/other significant objects?
- Pronouncement – cue to kiss!
- Words of well-wishing
- Exit – Stately procession?Dance down the aisle? On a motorbike?
Some of these suggestions may not exactly be “your cup of tea” but that’s the point –YOUR WEDDING, YOUR WAY!
Whatever you choose, there will be a balance between emphasising the life-changing significance of the day and lighter moments.
The ceremony can be short, long and conducted ANYWHERE.
How much does it cost?
Fees depend on the location of your ceremony and range between £500 and £750, payable in three instalments.
For that I offer:
- A post-booking planning meeting in a relaxed home environment so I can really get a sense of what makes you tick as a couple
- Help with choosing the best readings, poems and music
- An original ceremony script, totally personal to you and agreed by you well in advance of the wedding date
- If there is a long time between booking and the wedding, the chance to include any important changes in the final edit to keep it fresh
- Direction of a rehearsal in the venue to test sound levels and choreography
- Provision of a microphone if required
- A presentation copy of the wedding script to treasure forever
- Travel costs from me to you
- Being with you every step of the way, from getting to know you to standing up with you on your special day!