A new data privacy law, The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), comes into force on 25 May 2018, which requires people like myself, who collect and use personal information, to put your mind at rest that I will do so in a manner that protects your privacy and rights.
The GDPR covers the processing of all personal data (defined as any information about, or relating to a living, identifiable, individual, which enables you to identify the person either by itself, or in combination with other information that might be available).
I want to reassure you that I treat your data with the utmost care and will only use or share it for the purposes agreed with you in advance.
As required by law, I have created a ‘Data Privacy Notice’ (attached below), which describes:
- Your rights relating to the information I hold about you, including access and accuracy
- A description of the types of information I may hold and how it is used
- The legal basis I rely on to use your information
- Any third parties with whom the information may be disclosed, and under what circumstances
- My contact details should you have any queries or concerns
I will ask you to give me explicit permission to use your information in the manners described by signing the consent form below:
If you have any queries or questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch using the contact details provided (see panel on right).