I am a Humanist Celebrant, for non-religious funerals and naming ceremonies, trained and accredited by Humanists UK.
You don’t have to be a Humanist to have a humanist funeral
They are for anyone who believes that we don’t need organised religion to lead a good and valued life.
For every client, I will:
- Meet with you and other close family or friends to get a true perspective and understanding of the person who has died
- Write a unique and meaningful tribute for that person, checking my facts and perceptions with you at intervals
- Devise a structure and flow for the funeral ceremony
- Suggest music, poetry and readings that would commemorate their life
- Include a pause in the ceremony where mourners with a religious faith can remember the deceased in their own way
- Liaise with the Funeral Director and crematorium or burial ground staff to ensure a smooth and flawless ceremony on the day
- Provide you with a high-quality presentation copy of the ceremony script the day after the funeral, both hard copy and via email
“You were able to bring the right level of gravitas and humour to the ceremony which put us and all our friends and relatives at ease.”