Naming Ceremonies – The Perfect Welcome.
Wouldn’t it be great to celebrate your child, your life as a parent, or even an important transition in your own life, with a ceremony that really means something?
Many of us who aren’t religious are looking for a Naming Celebration that is more flexible and personal than the register office is able to offer.
A Humanist, non-religious Naming ceremony gives you the opportunity to hold your celebration where you want, when you want and how you want.
There’s no set script and no script ‘templates’- it’s too personal an occasion for that.
Instead, each Naming is written from scratch, with you, to truly reflect your family.
You can set the tone that’s right for you; involve your friends and family members; choose your own words; music and get creative with symbolic actions.
There is no age restriction for Namings – tiny baby; in conjunction with an important birthday; becoming a teenager, or changing a name as an adult – you can celebrate at whatever stage of life seems relevant and important to you. You could even combine a naming with your wedding!
Humanist Namings are perfect for families who would like:
* A meaningful ceremony that isn’t religious
* To work with a celebrant who has successfully completed a rigorous, high quality training and continuing CPD programme
* To hold their celebration at a location that has family significance; including at home or oudoors
* The flexibility to create a personal ceremony that is unique to them and completely adaptable to their circumstances
* To get to know the person who will be conducting their celebration
* To appoint Guideparents/Guardians/Mentors for their child
* To make promise to and express their hopes for their child’s future
* To be creative and include symbolic or significant elements – like a tree planting, passing on of family heirlooms, a good advice box – the only limitation is your imagination!
* For feedback click HERE