Naming Ceremonies – The Perfect Welcome.
Wouldn’t it be great to celebrate your child, your life as a parent, or even an important transition in your own life, with a ceremony that really means something?
Many of us who aren’t religious are looking for a Naming Celebration that is more flexible and personal than the register office is able to offer.
A Humanist, non-religious Naming ceremony gives you the opportunity to hold your celebration where you want, when you want and how you want.
There’s no set script and no script ‘templates’- it’s too personal an occasion for that.
Instead, each Naming is written from scratch, with you, to truly reflect your circumstances, your life and your family.
You can set the tone that’s right for you; involve your friends and family members; choose your own words; music and get creative with symbolic actions.
There is no age restriction for Namings – tiny baby; in conjunction with an important birthday; becoming a teenager, or changing a name as an adult – you can celebrate at whatever stage of life seems relevant and important to you. You could even combine a naming with your wedding!
Humanist Namings are perfect for families who would like:
* A meaningful ceremony that isn’t religious
* To work with a celebrant who has successfully completed a rigorous, high quality training and continuing CPD programme
* To hold their celebration at a location that has family significance; including at home or oudoors
* The flexibility to create a personal ceremony that is unique to them and completely adaptable to their circumstances
* To get to know the person who will be conducting their celebration
* To appoint Guideparents/Guardians/Mentors
* To make promise to and express their hopes for the future
* To be creative and include symbolic or significant elements – like a tree planting, passing on of family heirlooms, a good advice box, symbolic goodbye to a previously used name – the only limitation is your imagination!
* For feedback click HERE